I was totally unprepared. I admit that quite openly. I did not have any face masks at home. Did not have food supplies. My Wifi was not able to handle long online sessions.
Now it is different. I am usually so organised and equipped with my lists right? So I have decided to mention a little bit about my ‘prepping’ although my blog is not about prepping (and I never thought I will be making list like this ever). There are plenty of sites and very useful ones. I am not specialised in this but I do want to be prepared for next time as the governments act very very slowly and local networks including supermarkets as well.
So just very briefly – I am building basics at home. Without anxiety and using as much common sense as I am able to. I look at what I really need in a week and based on that I shop certain items and tuck them away into my cupboard.
- Essential medicines and First-aid kits
- Masks, gloves, goggles, possible a plastic face shield (did not get those, yet)
- Water for several days /2l per adult a day/
- Basic food supply
- Certain ‘luxury items’ like coffee, tea bags, chocolate
- Small alternative source cooker and supplies
- Radio and batteries, candles, matches
I probably forgot something but if I am able to keep these at home – I will feel calmer and more prepared than I was “last” time.
I am also looking at more long-term planning of other things like my financials, growing my own food and teaming up with people that I know I can trust.
Anyway dear friends, take care and stay healthy and calm 🙂