One thing that I have noticed around me is an increase in tension. Many people seem to be under a lot of stress. They seem more stressed and more sensitive. I am not saying everyone but definitely a large number of people. And I am one of them for sure.
Staying at home uncovered lots of things to me. Although it is great to have extra time at home, it brings other unexpected side effects. We are forced to face ourselves and we are forced to see things we did not see before – simply because there was no time for it. Some of it might be surprising, revealing and yes – stressful.
So staying at home actually means going back home – literally and metaphorically speaking. We are uncovering layers that have not been touched maybe for years. While all of this is going on – the outside world is not the most welcoming or kind.
I am not writing this to make us feel sorry for ourselves. Rather to point out that self-care is more important the ever. It is a must. Here are some things I have added to my list to be more mindful of:
- peaceful and quiet environment with lots of light, plants and fresh air
- time off the media, watching news just once a day, scrolling through ups no longer than 2o minutes
- listening to soothing music or meditating at least 10 minutes
- physical exercises – adding variety
- eating fresh foods and limiting unhealthy choices
- reaching out to friends
- more screen breaks and resting my eyes more often
- learning something new (craft, skill, language and so on)
Take a good care dear friends and put yourself first 🙂