Last year was a struggle. I tried really hard to get out there and make some success. It did not happen…yet. Yes, I am not giving up but boy, it is not easy. This post is more for people who are thinking about “an attractive product” that would sell like a hot cake. Well if you have those skills, this one is for you.
What I miss the most is a just platform or an opportunity where I can showcase my products for a reasonable fee and I get actually discovered. Although many big platforms ‘offer’ that, the practice is different. It is very hard to get discovered without paying for ads or just through Social Media.
Social media were useful years ago, now they have become paid platforms as well and you have to ‘pay to play’. Of course there are those who go viral or get lucky but what percentage is that? No, I am not envious. Good for them. All I am saying that there is a serious need for better and more just platforms. If you are able to help or provide this then you will not have a problem to find clients.
And of course here is my list of my top struggles:
- ranking on the platform/ visibility, choosing niche, product, keywords
- trying to please the algorithm all the time
- being shown to only a small fraction of my subscribers by the algorithm
- not knowing whom to trust in terms of courses, e-books and gurus (there are just too many of them)
- having limited exposure because of the way how the platform works and is set up
I hope that my next year’s list will be different 🙂 As I said, I am not giving up, yet….