It has been a while since the first Corona Virus patient appeared in the media. Since then lots of things happened. What changed in my life and what I have learnt.
- I was not ready. I did not have masks, disinfectant gels and alcohol cleaning products at home. Once I ventured out, they were sold out.
Solution: I will need to keep few of those in my storage room from now on and maybe adding some gloves and goggles.
2. I was touching my face, rubbing my eyes and so on without knowing. This is apparently a big no-no. Bad habit. Wearing a mask is something that helps you to stop that.
Solution: I remind myself not to touch my eyes or face. Washing hands every time before any meal or snack while avoiding using hands when eating.
3. I followed lots of social media and that made me feel more panicky and unsettled.
Solution: I chose channels and you tubers who seemed straight to the point with practical advice and cut out or reduced the rest.
4. I stayed indoors a lot. Actually going out and getting some fresh air is good provided you are not on a crowed metro or surrounded by people.
Solution: I avoided social gatherings (hot pot style dining), I reduced hand-shaking (there were big clusters of infection from social meetings) and I avoid small poorly ventilated places.
4. I thought that people will cope and will stay positive. But many people started to feel down, were extremely bored or worried.
Solution: I have upgraded my tech skills and stayed in contact with everybody via Skype, email, Google Meet and so on. Basically I stayed connected and did not withdraw although there were times when I did not want to talk someone and wanted to do my things.
5. I always thought that I am good at cleaning but had to ‘upgrade’ my skills.
Solution: I am more focused on disinfection. Cleaning doorknobs and switches, bathroom taps and flushes more often (plus keeping shoes by the main door and disposing of the face masks properly)
There might be more points I learn as we go. If this post helps you a bit, I will be really happy.
Stay safe and stay healthy 🙂
My head is spinning from all the news coming from all sides. I am taking some extra time to be in a peaceful environment. I am reducing media in general just for morning and evening news. Not checking updates during the day as there are too many and some of them are fake. I am taking extra Vitamin C and Vitamin D. Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar with honey in the afternoon for a quick pick me up. I heard that probiotics are also a good for prevention. Unfortunately, I don’ have any at home. I am not taking any chances. Wearing mask when out and practising social distancing. I don’t laugh at these measures as they worked during the Spanish Flu and were verified as an efficient tools by it. I really like this doc and the info he puts out. If you want to check him out follow this link:Dr. John Campbell and his videos.