Does your business have to be your calling? Not necessarily – but I would argue, that it should be as close to it as possible. I know that many people are not sure what it is they actually want to do. I am not different. Sometimes I know exactly what it is and sometimes I doubt it. Moreover, this can change over time as well. However, try to find some area or niche that is close to your heart. You will stick with it for longer and hence you are more likely to succeed.
- What would be your interest (hobby) if you did not have to think about money?
- What would you do if you had an unlimited time available to you?
- What do you like to do and you dont mind the time spent on it?
- Do you prefer to make things or teach how to make them?
- What are your strenghts?
- What compliments do you get from others?
- What kind of legacy do you want to leave?
- What were your talents in the past (but you dropped them for one reason or another)?
- What are you passionate about?
- What is missing in your life?
When you have your answers – look for a common theme and your area of interest. Repeat with a week or two weeks gap and compare your answers.
The area of work you are made for should emerge by then.
Good luck, dear friends 🙂