and it may help you as well. These are only small things but they do make a difference when I work at home.
- switching off all noise
- communicating in a clear and friendly manner that I will not be available from…to…
- holding my centre with a help of my visual board right on my desk
- using my favourite scent in the room
- keeping a bit a nature right beside or close to me (my three-legged cat and self-planted lemon tree)
If you have time and want to read about each point more you can below:
- I used to run news channel in the background but it was very distracting a and took me away from my work. Usually not very positive space. Now I watch news only at a certain time of a day and for a limited time. Similarly with my phone. I used to check every notification no matter how unimportant and that was hugely distracting. Now I keep my phone in a corridor and not on my desk, the sound and notifications are off until late afternoon. I like to work with a soothing background music or when I do not have to be too creative with an interesting YouTube video/podcast.
- I noticed that it is better to tell people (including family members) that I am in my working mode and I will not be available. Usually I give them also an idea about the time period. This helps to avoid lots of misunderstandings. I always choose a friendly manner over anything else and usually the response is very good.
- I like to keep a very detailed and focused board rather than a generic one with a general quote. The more focused the faster brings me back to the space I want to be.
- I love natural scents and scents that I associate with pleasant moments.
- Nature is so essential to staying positive for me. I simply love it. Herbs, wildflower, grasses, trees, you name it. And of course – pets. They are absolutely awesome and I don’t really need to write about their positive effect here…
Have a lovely day dear friends and remember – keep it positive 🙂